HOW TO DISAPPEAR COMPLETELY - niall boyce

HOW TO DISAPPEAR COMPLETELY

niall boyce


Nobody remembers.

There are no newspapers documenting the day’s events. There are no television recordings, no photographs, no blogs, no emails, no phone calls dialled or received.

In the records leading up to that day, there are pieces missing: a few minutes of a news report blacked out here, a couple of column inches of a paper replaced by blank spaces there. Photographs of crowds with a barely perceptible blur at the center, as if something has been burned away. I open my diary and find dates scrubbed out. I search my memories and find gaps.

Someone has disappeared. It was perfectly engineered, perfectly orchestrated. They vanished overnight and removed every trace they ever existed.

There is another explanation, but I do not care for it.

Perhaps the entire world has collaborated with the disappearance, and I am the only one who does not remember.




Niall Boyce
http://strange-powers.blogspot.com
The Separation
Christopher Priest