THE CIRCLE OF LIFE - mark mckee

I read a story about a drunk character whose creator was drunk when she was created. She stumbled around outside a bar, trying to find her car. According to his unofficial autobiography the writer of this story said he got the idea after getting drunk at a bar in Pomona and after stumbling outside to go home he saw a young woman in her twenties stumbling around the parking lot, trying to find her car. So this writer, according to his unofficial autobiography, goes home drunk and writes a scene for his latest collection about a drunk character stumbling around outside a bar. And then I read about the drunk character and her drunk creator, while stone sober, and I wrote this down. I called it The Circle of Life, even though I dislike the Elton John song of the same name. And maybe if you're reading this you'll write your own story about reading a story about a drunk character whose creator was drunk when she was created. And you and I will help perpetuate it, the circle of life.



Mark McKee
goodreads.com/markmckeejr
Albert Angelo
B.S. Johnson