CRAYOLA BONER - misti rainwater-lites

CRAYOLA BONER

misti rainwater-lites



Playing house with Lisa at five I was the husband with the Crayola (periwinkle, probably) boner. The Jesus I learned in Sunday school was Little Bo Peep but I never felt comfortable in the role of lost lamb. I’ve never done that live rattlesnake shake shake of faith dance. My brand of insanity is less show offy and lethal. My litany is Prozac Paxil Zyprexa Wellbutrin Zoloft Celexa. My mantra is THE CUCKOO CLOCK OF KARMA IS BLIND TO YOUR PLASTIC SURGERY AND DEAF TO YOUR PRAYERS. I don’t make a good guest. I have this thing about towels and bars of soap. If things in the bathroom aren’t up to par I will stink for days. If the kitchen is anything less than anti-bacterial I will live on cherry flavored cough syrup. Today is a day I would be okay dying in…chewy (not crispy) bacon, cold beer and Cuntasaurus Rex accepted by Tainted Coffee Press.





Misti Rainwater-Lites writes a lot of books (collections of poetry and novels, mostly) and publishes them herself at lulu. com. She also has chapbooks available from Erbacce Press, Scintillating Publications, and Kendra Steiner Editions. Misti is one of five women poets featured in Sirens, an anthology published by Sisyphus Press. Misti's newest full-length poetry collection, Cuntasaurus Rex, will be published by Tainted Coffee Press this fall. Misti is afraid of spiders, tornadoes, shiny floors and phone calls.