MAYBE - ricky garni

MAYBE

ricky garni


When my mother got sick her best friend Marion took me to the Root Beer Stand and bought me a bag of crinkle fries with tight little ridges that were delicious.

Then my mother got better and my mother’s best friend Marion and my mother had a lovely time together drinking Tetley Tea on Tuesdays every week until my mother’s best friend died and then my mother died and then my mother’s best friend Marion’s husband got remarried and then died also as did my father, who died and I know for certain.

Now that the Root Beer Stand is gone too I suppose at least it is and now it is late at night with no one to talk to although tomorrow is supposed to be warm and sunny or at least it will be warm and sunny sometime soon and until then I will stand right here against this Root Beer Stand that I remember so well I am pretty sure I think.